Friday, July 18, 2014

And so it Begins: Communication Breakdown

As stated in my facebook post I`m creating a blog about "chronicling life after PC."  This blog will be a place for me to share my views on my journey back to America and my transition.  This blog is also a place where anyone can feel free to express their views on a myriad of subjects, ranging from culture diversity to social interaction. It`s really strange writing this on a computer in Colombia at Fulano Backpackers, due to the fact that everything I write is underlined with a red squigly line because I should be typing on Portuguese.  

After traveling from the Vale do Capao to Palmieras and driving across the country side I made it to Sao Paulo to catch a plane I arrived at the airport.  This trip took about 3 days in total time. When I left Vale de Capao which is a serene hippy town reminescent of Nkhata Bay in Malawi I ended up staying in Palmieras because there were no busses heading  out to Rio the next day.  So I slept, lounged around, played guitar, walked through the city, had Brazillian Chinese food, and waited on the phone for Bank of America to past the time.  The next day I boarded A bus which was supposed to take me to a crossroad, where I would have to take another bus to reach Rio. Long story short, the bus driver didn't tell me when to get off so I proceeded to read Stephens Kings, The Green Mile and take short intermitent naps while reclining in my seat. After reaching Rio I took a taxi to the airport and explained to Emirates my situation which was solved after a pleasant conversation and a short negotiation. Thankfully no exchange of money occurred.  If you talk to people and get to know them and build trust people will always help you out.  After a 20 siesta in the airport where I wrote, read, and ate delicious food I boarded the plane to my next destination Bogota, Colombia.  

After arriving I met some people went out for beers, and discussed in length many topics, but the kicker was mainly about the inequality we witness in this world on a daily basis.  In every country inequaltiy is a problem.  In third world countries it explains why life is so tough for the poor and so easy for the rich.  This discussion went on for a while dicing and slicing this topic in many different ways. For example education is readily available, but it`s not equal.  Someone who has a lot of money can pay to send their children to private school and insulate them against the harshness of the world while feeling no strugge. Whereas someone that does not have enough money to send their child to a private school must rely on the government to or public services to educate their children.  In third world countries the disparity can be easily seen....

1 comment:

  1. Feel free to comment and share your thoughts. Tell me what you liked. Tell me what you hated. Express your opinions and keep the discussion going, and of course is there is a something you want me to write about let me know!!

    ReplyDelete